Summer is a time to kick back and relax, catch up with friends and soak up some sun. So, as you return home from Atlanta market, we invite you to try this delightfully light and refreshing Sangria and fruit dip combo to help you unwind. The recipes are so perfectly sweet and yummy, you won’t will believe how incredibly easy they are to make.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- lemon, sliced into rounds with peels ON and seeds popped out
- Berries of your choice – we used strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
- Granny Smith apple, sliced thin, peel on
- 1 bottle moscato, white table wine, or white zin
- 1 bottle sparkling white wine (ginger ale or tonic if you’d like a version with less alcohol)
- 3 oz strawberry vodka
- Optional: mint, basil, or rosemary for contrast
Need to include the kids? No problem, just replace the alcoholic beverages with the following:
- 1 bottle Sprite/7up/Sierra Mist (more sweet), OR, Ginger Ale, sparkling cider, or soda water (less sweet)
- 1 bottle red fruit juice
- 1 (32 ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) container lite whipped cream
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box dry instant vanilla pudding mix
- Fruit for serving
Thoroughly wash all fruit and slice thin. Leave peels on for color and their delicious flavor.
- Pour in wine or juice. Slowly pour in sparkling drink
- Add sliced fruit and any herbs you may choose
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 3 hours.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
- In a large bowl, mix together vanilla yogurt, whipped cream, and pudding mix until completely combined and you see no more lumps. The mixture will be a little bit gritty at first because the pudding hasn’t had a chance to dissolve into the yogurt mixture yet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill for about 30 minutes. Serve with your fruit of choice and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Ready to enjoy? So are we.
We used some of our customer favorites from the Trisha Yearwood line in preparing and serving our snack.
For prep, we used Trisha’s Songbird cutting boards to slice our fruit, and one of the Songbird mixing bowls to mix our dip.
For presentation, we used Trisha’s Luxe multi-server. Entertaining is easy with this beautiful divided server. Cast from aluminum with a soft gold finish, it features a ball edge detail and adds a touch of elegance to your next gathering. Complementing the server are the Luxe glass hurricanes. These white and amber mottled luster glass hurricanes come with tealight inserts!