I know that you have all been chomping at the bit wanting to know…no, dying to know “What IS that delicious looking muffin?” Come on, admit it. You savored the pie, you relished the strudel, but what you really want, is the smack of those muffins. Well, wait no longer because I bring you the third installment of my Trisha Yearwood Berry Patch-inspired baking-frenzy – the Cranberry Orange Muffin.
Some things are meant to go together – peanut butter and jelly, root beer and vanilla ice cream, and cranberries and orange. This recipe creates the perfect balance between that lively orange flavor and tangy cranberries. If the ingredients are soul-mates, does that make it soul-food?
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Beat egg, orange juice, oil and orange zest.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once.
- Stir just to moisten.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups (fill 3/4 full).
- Sprinkle tops lightly with a bit of sugar.
- Bake 400F 15-20 mins until lightly browned and firm to the touch.