It seems like the world has gone crazy for pumpkin spice, and we can’t claim any different here at IMAX. It’s unbelievable the things you can find with pumpkin spice – cookies, Cheerios, Jello, lattes, vodka, pop tarts, ice cream, kettle corn, candles and even deodorant! The list goes on and on, trust me. So to start the fall off right, I decided to make Pumpkin Streusel Muffins.
Keep in mind, it is still regularly hitting 85 degrees here in Oklahoma and the leaves haven’t even started to turn, so we need a little nudge to recognize that fall is actually upon us. This recipe will definitely do the trick. These perfectly moist, spiced muffins with a crisp streusel topping are the ultimate way to embrace the fall.
2 tbs light brown sugar
2 tbs granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
2 cups all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with 12 liners.
• In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Mix in egg, vanilla and pumpkin until smooth.
• In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture until blended.
• Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
• In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry streusel ingredients.
• Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbled into a coarse meal.
• Sprinkle evenly over each muffin batter.
• Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until done.
• Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then move to wire rack.
• Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar for a little extra sweetness.